Swoon Me

6:23 PM


Who doesn't want to be swooned? If you find someone who doesn't, please smack them for me! And I meant that in the kindest way possible. I saw a similar post on a blog. Now I can't remember which blog or I'd link back to it. But here are some of my favorite swooning moments from books I love. 

Side note: Yes, there are two from Jennifer L. Armentrout because she is the queen of sexual tension and I love everything she writes--especially her kissing scenes.


OBSIDIAN by Jennifer L. Armentrout

      His hands slid around my head, pulling me back to his mouth. There was a cracking sound in the house. A fissure of electricity shot through the room. Something smoked. But I didn’t care. We were moving backwards. His hands were moving down, under my shirt, his fingers skimming over my skin, sending a rush of blood to every part of my body. And my hands went down. His stomach was hard, dipped and rippled in all the right places.
      And then my shirt joined his on the floor. Skin against skin. His hummed, brimming full of power. I ran my fingers down his chest, to the button on his jeans. The back of my legs hit the couch and we went down, a tangle of legs and hands moving, exploring. Our hips were molded together and we moved against one another. I think I whispered his name, and then his arms tightened around me, crushing me against his chest and his hands slipped between my legs. And I was swimming in raw sensations.


This very scene for your viewing pleasure.  :)



SHATTER ME by Tahereh Mafi

      And he’s kissing me.
      Once, twice, until I’ve had a taste and realize I’ll never have enough. He’s everywhere up my back and over my arms and suddenly he’s kissing me harder, deeper, with a fervent urgent need I’ve never known before. He breaks for air only to bury his lips in my neck, along my collarbone, up my chin and cheeks and I’m gasping for oxygen and he’s destroying me with his hands and we’re drenched in water and beauty and the exhilaration of a moment I never knew was possible. 


MY SOUL TO SAVE by Rachel Vincent

      He leaned forward and his lips met mine. Softly at first. The eagerly. I tilted my head for a better angle and kissed him back, loving the feel of his lips on mine, his hand at the back of my neck. My fingers found his chest, trailing lightly over his shirt to feel the firmness beneath. My heart raced, adrenaline pulsing through me in a steady, charged rhythm, leaving my limbs heavy, my body eager. My mouth opened beneath Nash’s and he moaned. The sound of his need skimmed lightly over my skin like a shadow given form, warming me as it slid down my neck, over my collarbones and between my breasts to burn deep inside me.


PURE by Jennifer L. Armentrout

      I knew I should stop him, because allowing him to kiss me totally defeated the point of the argument we’d just had, but I found myself closing my eyes instead. His mouth was so warm and sweet, dizzying actually. Then it deepened, stealing my breath and sending my heart racing.
      Kissing wasn’t a big deal, so this kiss shouldn’t be any different. But by the gods, I’d never been kissed like this before.
      I looped my arms around his neck, tangling my fingers in his hair, and then I was kissing him back. Kissing him with the same wild abandonment he’d divided into, and gods, I liked kissing Seth.


So what books swoon you?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Penny for your thoughts...

2016 #PitchWars Mentee

2017 #FicFest Mentor

Popular Posts